Thursday, June 14, 2007

Week 1- Thing 1

Okay, week one was a nice easy transition into learning mode. No memorization or tests, just a nice little webcast to enjoy about lifelong learning habits. I've always considered myself a casual lifelong learner, jumping at opportunities that pop up, but not always setting goals for myself. This might be why I've always wanted to learn how to play the piano--I even have a piano in the garage that an old neighbor gave me--but I still can only play Mary Had a Little Lamb! So I have to set a goal to set a learning goal...learn to play the piano. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Lesa said...

Blog looks great, Amy! Maybe you need a piano that can be IN the house. I certainly wouldn't play if I had to go to the garage.

I have a nice digital piano, which I love because I can put on headphones if I don't want to bother the rest of the household, and I can save my music and burn to a cd later.

I do simple piano chording, which is just enough to sing with, or use as backup to my real instrument, flute.
- Lesa

SusanK said...

Amy, When I moved into my first apartment I bought a used baby grand piano. I had no other furniture and couldn't play a note. I took some lessons from a teacher who turned out to be very well known in NYC and I think he took me out of pity. I still can't play but I made a friend of my teacher for the last 30 years.

beth said...

I have a banjo you could borrow.

Victoria said...

I dust our piano once in a while.

Buffalo gal said...

Would you come over and dust my piano?