Thursday, August 23, 2007

Week 4: RSS feeds and newsreaders

Bloglines is a really useful tool, but I can't decide whether it will alleviate that feeling of info overload, or just make it worse! I set up my account and picked my most visited sites and also a few new ones (shifted librarian blog, some foodie sites, gadgets).

Lately, I've been trying to remember what life was like before the digital age, trying to remember if I always felt as if my brain was struggling to retain all the info I was picking up from everywhere. Unfortunately, because of this little overload problem, I couldn't summon up a clear recollection. But somewhere in the haze, it seems to me that while it was more of an ordeal (or adventure?) to find information, it was much easier to retain it since there wasn't as much of it pinging the gray matter at every moment. Life in modern times...wonderful and challenging. But it's probably always perceived that way, eh?

No comments: