Thursday, August 23, 2007

Week 5: Image Generators; Avatars; Librarything...

This week's assignment took waaaaay long...and I spent waaaay too much time playing around with these toys. However, Librarything is fabulous. So many applications for us here in library land. Book discussion groups, all those patrons who want us to keep lists of what they've already read, etc. I didn't allow myself to set up an account because I know if I did I would never finish 23 things--I'd spend too much time creating my personal library catalog. Saving that for later...

I think Rollyo is way too slow to produce results and I'm still thinking about how it could be useful to us at the library. And while I had fun creating my alter ego in Springfield, USA, I had trouble saving my Simpson avatar to this blog--maybe when I'm not in a timecrunch. This should not be giving me this much trouble. sigh....

1 comment:

Nice Guy said...

Not all image makers are toys, some let you make banners, buttons and other useful graphics. See www.ImageGenerator.org...